Arnold Palmer, legendary golfer and prostate cancer survivor, is passionate about using golf to help triumph over this terrible disease. So he created Arnie’s Army Battles Prostate Cancer, a charity golf event that raises people’s awareness of prostate cancer.
You can host this charity event at no cost! The simple closest-to-the-pin contest can be scheduled at your course on a day of your choosing. It’s a terrific way to generate excitement and bring players to your course. And it’s a great way to do something good — since 2002, the contests have introduced the message of early detection to more than 130,000 golfers and raised nearly $3 million for the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
Here’s how the Arnie’s Army closest-to-the-pin contest works:
- There is no cost to host the contest. All materials — prizes, banners, pin flags and more — are provided.
- The entry fee is $20 per player* and should include a minimum of 24 players.
- We encourage players to register prior to the tournament to ensure that the organizer has enough packets and products for each golfer but players may also register the day of the event.
- Registration can take place at the pro shop, starter’s table, at the contest hole or a location of your choosing.
- Every participant is a winner and will receive:
- A one-year subscription to Golf Digest magazine
- PCF and Arnie’s Army Battles logo golf swag and gift items
- Prostate Cancer Awareness scorecard
- The closest to the pin contest winner will receive a $100 Callaway Gift Card for use at ShopCallawaygolf.com.
Travel packages are always great awards. It’s easy to use these for persuading greater participation, raising awareness and funds for your event.
These are just a few of the fantastic options available**:
- Travel Certificates from Let’s Travel
- Bay Hill Club & Lodge – Orlando, FL
- PGA National – Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- The Legends – Myrtle Beach, SC
- Pebble Beach – Monterey, CA
These are great for selling tournament ‘mulligans’, as raffle or auction items, or other creative fundraising methods. Contact us and we can help select the best option to fit your event.
Hosting Arnie’s charity golf event is a win-win for your course, for the players in your area and for people everywhere who are affected by prostate cancer. If you are a golfer and would like the contest to be held at your local course, encourage your clubhouse manager to schedule a contest today. Join Arnie’s Army and make a difference in the fight against prostate cancer!
Schedule a Contest
Request More Info
*We no longer hold events in Canada. Please contact us for further information.
**Minimum contributions may be required. All packages will only be issued after all proper paperwork and monies are received by the Prostate Cancer Foundation and subject to certain restrictions. Please allow 2-4 weeks to process once tournament requirements are met.